1.4.12

One word and another

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us I thought I'd share some of the lyrics from various songs which I like. Sometimes I don't want to listen to lyrics at all, all those words being sung, no I just want the instruments, the melody, the beats. Other times the lyrics, those words put after one another combined with just the right tones brings so much meaning to the song, to me, to my life I guess. Here are some of those words I'm loving at the moment. For some of the songs, it's just a couple of sentences, for others it's heaps more.

Wash. / Bon Iver
I I'm growing like the quickening hues
I I'm telling darkness from lines on you

Holocene / Bon Iver
Not the needle, nor the thread, the lost decree
Saying nothing that's enough for me

Open / Rhye
I'm a fool for that shake in your thumb
I'm a fool for that sound in your songs*
I'm a fool for your belly
I'm a fool for your love

You Know What I Mean / Cults
Cause I am afraid of the light 
Yeah, you know what I mean
And I can't sleep alone at night
Yeah, you know what I mean
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us I Know Places / Lykke Li
Don't ask me when but ask me why
Don't ask me how but ask me where
There is a road, there is a way
There is a place, there is a place

Hanging High / Lykke Li
Oh, thunder in my heart
These razors cutting sharp
And leaves me with an ever bleeding scar

So soft, so suddenly
So that I cannot breathe
I'm drawn into a circle painted black

Measurements / James Blake
Please fall down
Testing sounds
For the deaf and the forest cold

Trees in clouds
Testing doubts
Trying hard not to be too bold
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Silver Stallion / Cat Power
I'm gonna find me a reckless man
Razor blades and ice in his eyes
Just a touch of sadness in his fingers
Thunder and lightning in his thighs

A Love Story / Thomas Dybdahl
Doesn't it feel good
To know that you've been loved
And doesn't it make you
Laugh when you think of

The day when we all got lost on the old man's farm
Just trying to get across
It was only then I knew what love was

You and I / Wilco featuring Feist
You and I, we might me strangers
However close we get sometimes
It's like we've never met
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
You Are The Blood / Sufjan Stevens
You are the blood flowing through my fingers
All through the soil and up in those trees
You are electricity and you're light
You are sound itself and you are flight
You are the blood flowing through my fingers
All through the soil and up in those trees
You are the bood flowing through my fingers

You are the blood that I may see you
That I may see you
You are the blood in me

You are the earth on which I travel
On which I travel
You are the earth under my feet
That I may travel
That I may travel with you
You are the earth on which I write the circumstances
You say what you want from me
You are the solitude that goes against me
That goes against me
You are the quiet in which I dream
In which I sleep, in which I wander

*I couldn't find the exact lyrics to this song, but by listening those are the words I heard

No comments: